Hang On! | Week 1: He Will Make A Way
Sometimes, when we look around and consider our current situation, we can’t help but doubt or be afraid. The mountain is too high and the valley too wide, there is no way to make it. But, if we are willing to seek and to follow his guidance, he will, as Psalm 121 says, “not let your foot slip.” We can rest assured that when we are following Jesus, he will make a way.
READ Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
READ this verse again and consider these related questions.
What does this verse say about God?
How does our faith become the source of strength?
1. Read Ephesians 1:4. How does knowing this, position us in the plan of God?
2. Read Hebrews 12:2-3. How does the example of Jesus affect our ability to imitate Joshua’s obedience?
3. Is it easy or hard to walk on the “broad road?” Why? Read Matthew 7:13-14.
4. Is it easy or hard to follow the “narrow road?” Why?
5. What does it mean that God not only provides the plan but also the means to accomplish it?
6. Read Matthew 28:18-20. Discuss God’s promises to us. What is it about his promises that reveal his
7. According to Acts 1:8, how and why are we empowered by God’s presence?
8. Keeping in mind Joshua 1:9, read Galatians 5:25, what is expected of us as faithful followers of Jesus?