The Ten | Week 10 - Do Not Lie
READ John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a
murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth
in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of
READ the verse again and consider these related questions.
Explain why God hates lies
Explain why and how satan is the father of lies
Read Gen 3:1,13; Num 23:19, Prov 6:16-19, 8:13, 10:18-21, 12:17-19,
16:27-30, 18:21, 21:6, 30:5-9, Psa 15:1-5, 34:11-13, Mat 12:34-37, Luk:
8:17, 16:10, Eph 4:29, Col 3: 9-10, John 14:6, 1st john 1:5-10, 1st Pet 3:10,
Jam 3:2-12, Acts 5:1-11
1. What example did Jesus leave us about lying?
2. Is it ok to tell a “white lie” for someone's benefit?
3. Is sometimes omitting part of the story or not giving the whole truth considered lying?
4. How are we to deal with someone we catch in a lie or being dishonest?
5. How are we to be examples of light even when speaking the truth may contradict our society and culture?
6. Do we take comfort in knowing no lie will go uncovered on the day of judgment?
7. How are we to deal with princes and principalities who have been lying and deceiving humanity for thousands of years?