Hang On! | Week 2: Where is Your faith?
When you unexpectedly find yourself in a difficult situation, what is your first reaction? It could be panic and fear or it could be courage based upon your faith in Jesus. The choice depends upon perspective. Do you perceive that you are alone and vulnerable or do you stand firmly upon the promises of God? Joshua was reminded, “the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Read Matthew 8:26
“You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves and it was completely calm.
READ that verse again and consider these related questions.
What is faith? How much do we need?
Is there a connection to the size of our faith and to our fear?
1. Read Luke 8:22. What is the significance to the fact that Jesus is making this invitation?
2. Read Joshua 3:13. In this verse, what do you notice about when the water stopped flowing?
Read Matthew 14:27-31.
3. Pay attention to the change in Peter’s faith. How did he begin?
4. What caused Peter to lose faith in that moment?
5. Consider v. 29. What does this verse tell us about how we ought to face our every days?
Read Mark 9:21-29
6. How should we overcome our unbelief or grow our faith?
7. Look at v. 23. How do you explain this verse?
8. How should you connect v.23 and v.29? How is this connected to a meaning bigger than this immediate context?