REST ASSURED | Week 4: Assurance of Guidance *
It is not always easy to know what God’s will is for our life. However, throughout his Word, we are provided with all sorts of promises about how he will lead us and guide us. His Word after all, is a lamp unto our feet. The more we seek him, the better we will understand what to do.
READ Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
READ that verse again and consider these related questions.
What three things are we told to do?
What is the promised result?
1. Based on Psalm 32:8, what can you trust God to do for you?
2. In seeking God’s will, what steps should be taken? Read Romans 12:1-2
3. Read Jeremiah 17:5-7, what does God warn and what does he promise?
4. Isaiah 55:8-9, what are the limits of human understanding?
5. As described in John 6:38, what principles guided Jesus in his decision making?
6. In determining God’s will, how do these verses help? Psalm 119:105, 1 Corinthians 2:12
7. Read James 1:5-7, How should you go about dealing with situations that you don’t understand?
8. Describe why we need to rely upon the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
*this study is based upon Growing in Christ by The Navigators