Lessons from Nehemiah | Week 5 – Do Your Part
When we complete a task, there is a sense of relief and a feeling of accomplishment. The more difficult the task, the better the feeling. Even more, when we feel strongly about something, opposition to our progress motivates us to keep going. As followers of Jesus, our lives are a calling to be a witness to who Jesus is and what He has done. That means that in every part of our day, we are on a mission. As long as we rely upon the empowerment of the Holy Spirit, we will not grow weary. In Jesus, when we are weak, we ae strong. When life gets you down, don’t allow the enemy to get you off track. Keep your eyes on Jesus and the course that He has laid before you. Trust Him, He is with us in the battle.
READ Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
READ this passage again and consider these related questions.
How does God’s faithfulness motivate us to live up to our calling?
Discuss the importance of seeing our lives as ministry.
Read Nehemiah 4; 1 Peter 5:8-9; 1 Corinthians 3:8-9
1. Why is it important to recognize that we will face opposition as followers of Jesus?
2. What is the link between faith, confidence and your calling?
3. God calls us to use our talents and be co-laborers. Why is that important to remember?
Ephesians 5:15-20; Philippians 4:12-13
4. Why is it important to encourage and edify one another as members of the body of Christ?
5. Discuss why it is important to be connected a local church and in fellowship with other believers.
Read Joshua 1:9; 1 John 4:4; Ephesians 6:17
6. How do God’s promises motivate us to face opposition with confidence?
7. When building the wall, the workers held a sword and a tool. Discuss the importance of having a biblical mindset in your life.