We are the Church | Week 1: United As ONE *
Jesus established His church on the fact that he is the Savior of the world. He also reminds us that the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. Jesus is the head of the church and we are the body. The church is not a building, not a weekly event to attend, and it is not some tired old institution. We are the church, the people of God! We are empowered by the Holy Spirit to share the Good News and to represent the kingdom of God to a lost world.
READ Psalm 122:1
I rejoice with those who said to me, “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
READ these verses again and consider these related questions.
What is a good attitude to have in a worship service?
What do think made David glad as he considered going to the house of the Lord?
1. In Acts 2:42-47, how did the early church respond to the nurture and fellowship they enjoyed?
2. Read 1 Thessalonians 1:2-3. Why is Paul so excited about this local church?
3. Paul explains what one of the roles of church is supposed be in Ephesians 4:11-13.
Discuss that expectation for us.
4. Continuing in Ephesians 4:11-16, discuss the outcome of a faithful local church.
5. Read Colossians 1:13-20. Discuss the relationship between Jesus and the church.
6. Discuss why Romans 10:17 is essential for every church to keep in mind.
7. Apply Romans 15:5-6 to the current situation in our nation and churches. What is the main unifier?
8. Read Hebrews 10:25. Why is being a part of a church community so essential?
*this study is based upon Growing in Christ by The Navigators