Follower of Jesus | Week 1: Setting Priorities *
If a compass is not oriented toward True North, it cannot be trusted. Likewise, as a follower of Jesus, if our heart is not oriented toward him, it cannot be trusted.
READ Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these thigs will be given to you as well.
READ this verse again and consider these related questions.
What are these things? (Look up Matthew 6:25-32)
Are these necessities or luxury items? Explain.
What has God promised to do when you put His interests first in your life?
1. What does God want us to do? (Psalm 37:3-5)
2. Read 1 Samuel 12:24 & 15:22. What do these verses say about a believer’s priorities?
3. Based on Psalm 119:34 & 60, what is the link between God’s commands and our obedience?
4. How does God prepare us and what is the intended result according to 2 Timothy 3:16-17?
5. What is God able to do for us when we seek him? Ephesians 3:20-21
6. Read Philippians 4:4-6 and then v.7. What are we instructed to do and what is the expected outcome? What is a practical life application?
7. Reflect on Philippians 4:11-13. Discuss the importance of finding strength in Jesus.
*this study is based upon Growing in Christ by The Navigators