Follower of Jesus | Week 2: Strong In Him *
Our own strength, no matter how great, will fail us sometimes, but God never fails. His strength is far superior to anything that we can even imagine. Amazingly, God invites us to take refuge in His strength and He lifts us up to new heights when we do.
READ Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
READ this verse again and consider these related questions.
What are some things that we cannot do apart from Christ’s strength?
According to this verse, how should you approach these things?
1. Look at 1 Corinthians 1:26-31. Why does God choose ordinary people to do great things?
2. What can we accomplish apart from Jesus? How do we bear fruit? (John 15:5)
3. What additional requirement for bearing fruit is mentioned in John 15:7?
4. Why should we not allow a weakness to cause lasting discouragement? (2 Corinthians 12:9)
5. Read 2 Timothy 1:7. Discuss the gifts that are mentioned.
6. Read Exodus 15:2 and Nehemiah 8:10. What do we learn about God’s strength?
7. Reflect upon Psalm 18:1-2. Discuss the images that David uses to describe God’s strength.
8. Read Ephesians 3:16-19. Discuss the various aspects of being strengthened in Christ. How is this life changing?
*this study is based upon Growing in Christ by The Navigators