Follower of Jesus | Week 3: Rely on the Manual *
Our bodies and our minds grow strong when we receive the right kind of nourishment. Without it, our growth is stunted and we are unhealthy. Likewise, we are spiritually nourished by the Word of God and without it, we will not grow and will not be healthy.
READ Psalm 119:9,11
How can a young person keep their way pure? By living according to your word…I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
READ these verses again and consider these related questions.
How can you live a pure life?
What will keep you from sin?
1. Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. What will scripture do in your life and what is the end result?
2. Look at Psalm 1:1-3. What should your attitude be toward God’s Word?
3. From Joshua 1:8, what are the benefits of internalizing the Word of God?
4. Read Psalm 19:7-8 and complete the following:
What God’s Word Is What His Word Does
5. How should you apply Colossians 3:16?
6. Why are Moses’s words so important in Deuteronomy 6:6-7?
7. Why is Hebrews 4:12 important to consider when you read the Bible?
8. Why are the words of Jesus found in John 8:31-32 so important to remember?
*this study is based upon Growing in Christ by The Navigators